Ultralight so you barely know it's there, the Edelrid Salathe Helmet is a great option for all types of climbing. Expanded polypropylene cushions your head from falling objects, and a hard shell in the upper and front area gives you additional protection. Lots of ventilation dissipates heat on warm days. On the front, headlamp attachment points can hold a light when you climb into the night.
- Made of expanded polypropylene for lightweight energy absorption.
- Partial hard shell adds impact protection and durability in key areas.
- Large ventilation openings to help you keep a cool head.
- Padded interior adds comfort.
- Lightweight adjustment system reduces weight and provides a secure fit.
- 2 front clips and rear elastic for attaching a headlamp.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable air-fit|
|Inner material||EPP (expanded polypropylene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).