For skiers who know not every day is a powder day, here's the most versatile member of Atomic's iconic Bent Chetler line. With a stiff tail to rail on groomers, enough backbone to bust through crud and a slightly spooned tip to float and track through powder, the Bent Chetler 100 is a lightweight quiver-killer suited to both backcountry adventures and regular resort use in high-snowfall regions.
- Core is made of poplar to bring the weight as low as possible.
- HRZN Tech spoon-like tip reduces deflection and improves control in powder.
- Full sidewall construction improves steering.
- Powder Rocker is 20% rocker in the tip, 10% in the tail, and 70% camber underfoot, to add up to maximum stability in weird conditions and float in deep powder.
- 7000-series sintered bases holds wax very well for a fast glide in any snow conditions.
- Structured topsheet sheds snow.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.