We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
A mask or face covering is mandatory to enter the store. Keep yourself and others safe. Wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose, mouth and chin is required by local by-laws in indoor spaces beginning July 7, 2020. All persons entering or remaining in these premises must wear a mask that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required by the Medical Officer of Health under the authority of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) Ontario Regulation 263/20. Note, masks are not supplied at stores, please bring your own.
Order online and pick up at this location from 8am – 6pm. Seven days a week at most stores. (Closes at 5pm Saturday and Sunday in the province of Quebec only.)
You can return products to any store open for sales.
MEC is closely monitoring provincial government guidelines to ensure the safety of all members and staff.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances.
- Social distancing guidelines are posted outside and inside stores.
- Lineup areas have two-meter markers on the floor.
- Staff are required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Fitting rooms are currently closed.
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store.
- Restrictions on the type of clothing and gear members are permitted to try on.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at cashier stations.
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed.
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused.
- Rental services are paused.
- Repair shops are open for bike and ski repairs only.
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
- Bike shop
- Ski services
- Recycling and repairs
- Green building features