August 7, 2018
Climbers, runners, campers, cyclists and travellers: we’ve got something for all of you in this week’s edition of new products landing at MEC. One of the most exciting things to arrive? It’s for kayakers – and it’s the first-ever MEC recreational kayak. Get a closer look at all this outdoor-activity potential below.
There are some things you could just watch forever, and one of them is a campfire. This stainless steel portable firepit gives you a 360-degree view of the blaze through X-ray mesh side panels.
- Inside the pit, there’s a rechargeable battery-powered fan with 4 different flame settings.
- The fan is Bluetooth-compatible, which means you can control the intensity of your campfire from the palm of your hand or across the campsite.
- Thanks to 51 airjets that improve burning efficiency, this pit produces less smoke than a traditional fire.
Friction Labs Climbskin Hand Repair
There’s hand cream, and then there’s hand cream for climbers. Apply ClimbSkin an hour or two before your climb to let it start working its magic.
Hoka Hupana Knit Jacquard Cross Training Shoes
Road running shoes with responsive midsoles that feel cushy but springy as you rack up the kilometres. The svelte knit upper is ultra-breathable and light, so it feels like an extension of your foot.
Bookman Wearable Magnetic Reflectors
Snap these on and be visible. These clip-on magnetic reflectors are easy to use on any piece of clothing – great for cyclists, dog walkers or runners.
MEC Travel Light Cinch Pack
Fantastic for travelling. Made from streamlined nylon, it’s light enough to carry all day but also durable enough to survive jostling under your train seat or close encounters while sightseeing. What’s more, the whole thing packs away neatly into its own pocket to make for fast storing or packing into your checked bag.
MEC Rover Kayak
The first-ever recreational kayak from MEC! This super-stable Rover Kayak is a comfortable, easy-to-manage boat that’s great for exploring the shoreline near your cottage or getting in a little cross-training on the weekend.
- A wide, flat hull helps it hold steady as you paddle about, and a sharp bow entry line lets it track well for such a short kayak.
- Durable shell stands up to lots of launches from the beach or dock
- Watertight compartment lets you pack lunch with confidence, knowing your treats won’t wind up waterlogged.
MEC World Tour Ex Seat Bag
A slim seat bag to hold a spare tube and CO2 inflator. It expands with a quick zip when you need to cram in gloves, a helmet liner or arm warmers.
New graphics on tees
Show what you’re about – wild places, mountains, road trips – with these new graphics on classic tees. As always, the shirts are made of soft, organically grown cotton, are Fair-Trade Certified, and are Bluesign®-approved fabric.
Toad & Co Hillrose Skirt
Soft and lightweight fabric to keep you comfortable when you’re running errands or exploring the next town over. Plus, pockets! Made of naturally wicking and odour-controlling Tencel sourced from responsibly forested eucalyptus trees.