Through grants ranging from $500 to $15,000, MEC supports outdoor activity organizations and clubs. We provide funding and product donations for initiatives and infrastructure projects that inspire and enable people to be active outdoors, as we know that places, skills, information, gear and infrastructure are important to help us all keep space for adventure.
Your organization :
- Demonstrates a commitment to protect and create recreationally and ecologically important places that inspire and enable adventure
- or a commitment to inspire and enable people to be active outdoors.
- Focuses on at least one of MEC core activities: cycling, hiking, camping, running, climbing, paddling, yoga, skiing and snowshoeing
- States clear, measurable goals and outcomes
- Has goals attainable within a one-year grant term
- Has a long-term impact on participants
- Involves community or activity groups in determining the need for the project
- Takes advantage of opportunities to involve volunteers
- Has low administration costs compared to overall budget
- Minimizes environmental impact and promote safe, responsible use of the outdoors
- Has a follow-up plan describing the steps to ensure the long-term viability of the project.
For activity engagement projects:
- Encourages and enables participation in outdoor activities and provide opportunities for people, especially youth, to try new activities or develop technical or safety skills.
For access projects:
- Ensures ongoing, public access to outdoor activity areas through planning, construction and maintenance of facilities or infrastructure such as trails, skills-parks, backcountry shelters.
Please note: the application process for spring grants is now closed. We will start accepting applications for the fall grant cycle in early July 2017.