MEC product and gift cards enable grassroots groups to raise funds or reward volunteers, and range from $20 to $200. Your organization must be dedicated to either conserving ecologically and recreationally important places or inspiring and enabling people to be active outdoors.
Across Canada, countless grassroots organizations undertake local projects that contribute to the conservation of ecologically and recreationally important places, and enable people to participate in active, outdoor lifestyles. Without their dedicated work every day, Canada’s outdoor landscapes would look very different. MEC is proud to support these organizations’ initiatives to keep space for adventure.
MEC’s Community Contributions program supports:
- Impactful and strategic grassroots, not-for-profit organizations (registered charitable status is not required) and First Nations communities
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on conserving ecologically or recreationally important places
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on inspiring and enabling people to experience nature and be active outdoors in one or more of the following core activities that MEC supports: cycling, hiking, camping, running, climbing, paddling, yoga, skiing and snowshoeing
MEC’s Community Contributions program does not support:
- Governmental organizations, including organizations that receive core funding from the government
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Individuals (with the exception of Expedition Support)
- Illegal activities
- Projects outside of Canada
- Projects that focus primarily on fundraising for medical causes
- Event sponsorship (to inquire about event sponsorship, email email@example.com)
- Playground structures
- Gardening or agricultural activities
How to apply
We welcome applications at any time and review them on an ongoing basis. We’ll contact you within six weeks if we can support your project.