MEC gift cards, valued up to $200, enable grassroots groups to raise funds or reward volunteers. Your organization must be dedicated to inspiring and enabling our community of outdoor enthusiasts while stewarding responsible environmental practices.
Across Canada, grassroots organizations are undertaking local projects that add capacity, increase access, and enable people to participate in active, outdoor lifestyles. We share the desire to build this community, teach responsible outdoor recreation practices, and steward a nation-wide respect for the environment. MEC is proud to support organizations’ initiatives that further our shared values.
MEC’s Community Contributions program supports organizations that can demonstrate their commitment to:
- Identify and reduce barriers to responsible outdoor activity and increase the community of active outdoor enthusiasts
- Teach responsible outdoor recreation practices and environmental stewardship
- Focus on at least one of MEC core activities: cycling, hiking, camping, running, climbing, paddling, yoga, skiing or snowshoeing
Eligible organizations must be qualified donees:
- Registered charity or not-for-profit organization or association
- Registered Canadian amateur athletic association
- Registered association or club affiliated with a registered university
- First Nations band registered as a qualified donee
MEC’s Community Contributions program does not support:
- Governmental organizations, including organizations that receive core funding from the government
- In-classroom curriculum programs (excludes afterschool programs or clubs)
- Individuals (with the exception of Expedition Support)
- Illegal activities
- Projects outside of Canada
- Projects that focus primarily on fundraising for medical causes
- Event sponsorship
- Playground structures
- Gardening or agricultural activities
How to apply
We welcome applications at any time and review them on an ongoing basis. We’ll contact you within six weeks if we can support your project.