A mask or face covering (that covers nose, mouth and chin) is mandatory to enter MEC stores or while picking up online orders. Keep yourself and others safe. Note, masks are not supplied at stores, please bring your own. If you are unable to wear a mask, consider shopping online as an alternative. MEC reserves the right to refuse entry to the store if a mask or face covering is not worn. Exemptions exist in accordance with applicable bylaws and orders, please refer to sign at door for details.
Some MEC retail locations and bike repair shops are re-opening, as provincial governments allow. Safety measures are in place and some services are limited.
Stores that are fully open are accepting in-person returns. (Bike shops cannot accept returns.) If your local store isn’t open yet, you can mail your return or just wait until later – MEC’s return policy doesn’t expire.
We are closely monitoring guidelines from provincial governments and local health authorities to provide a safe environment for MEC staff and members. We’ll update you as new information becomes available.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances
- Social distancing guidelines are posted on the floor and walls outside and inside stores
- Lineup areas have 2-meter markers on the floor
- Staff are required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected
- Fitting rooms are currently closed
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store
- Plexiglass shields installed at cashier stations
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused
- Rental services are paused
- Our repair shop is open for bike and ski repairs only
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell