Some MEC retail locations and bike repair shops are re-opening, as provincial governments allow. Safety measures are in place and some services are limited.
Stores that are fully open are accepting in-person returns. (Bike shops cannot accept returns.) If your local store isn’t open yet, you can mail your return or just wait until later – MEC’s return policy doesn’t expire.
We are closely monitoring guidelines from provincial governments and local health authorities to provide a safe environment for MEC staff and members. We’ll update you as new information becomes available.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances
- Social distancing guidelines are posted on the floor and walls outside and inside stores
- Lineup areas have 2-meter markers on the floor
- Staff are required to wear protective equipment including gloves and masks
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected
- Fitting rooms are currently closed
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store
- Plexiglass shields installed at cashier stations
- Cash payments are not accepted at this time
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused
- Rental services are paused
- Our repair shop is open for bike and ski repairs only
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell