Masks are mandatory to enter MEC stores or to collect online orders.
Masks are not supplied at stores, please bring your own. If you are unable to wear a mask that covers your nose, mouth and chin consider shopping online as an alternative. MEC reserves the right to refuse entry to the store if a mask or face covering is not worn. Exemptions exist in accordance with applicable bylaws and orders, please refer to sign at door for details.
Stores are accepting in-person returns. (Bike shops cannot accept returns.) We are closely monitoring guidelines from local health authorities to provide a safe environment for MEC staff and members. We’ll update you as new information becomes available.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances
- Social distancing guidelines are posted on the floor and walls outside and inside stores
- Lineup areas have 2-meter markers on the floor
- Staff are required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store
- Plexiglass shields installed at cashier stations
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused
- Rental services are paused
- Our repair shop is open for bike and ski repairs only
- Bike fittings are unavailable
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell